I admit that I’m normally too lazy to make crust from scratch, particularly now that there are a number of actually good, pure manufacturers in the marketplace. But it surely’s actually not that troublesome, and enjoyable to do on occasion. Right here’s my Favourite Fundamental Pizza Dough recipe, which harks again to my very first ebook, Vegetariana.
Favourite Fundamental Pizza Dough
Makes sufficient crust for 2 12- to 14-inch pizzas
- 2 envelopes lively dry yeast
- 1/4 cup safflower or olive oil
- 2 tbsp pure granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups entire wheat flour
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix the yeast with 2 cups of heat water. Let stand for 10 minutes to dissolve. Stir within the oil and sugar.
- In a big mixing bowl, mix the flours and salt. Make a properly within the heart and stir within the yeast combination. Work every part collectively. first with a picket spoon after which your palms, to kind a dough.
- Flip it out onto a well-floured board and knead it for 8 minutes, including flour till the dough loses stickiness. Place the dough in a floured bowl, cowl it with a tea towel, and put it in a heat place. Let rise till doubled in bulk, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch the dough down. divide it. and kind into two rounds. Roll out every spherical on a well-floured board and stretch it to suit a 12- to 14-inch spherical pizza pan. Flippantly oil the pans and sprinkle them with cornmeal.
- Lay the rounds on the pans and make a lip of dough across the edge. Organize topping of alternative on the dough. Bake in a preheated 450°F oven for quarter-hour, till crust is golden.
This publish was initially revealed on 30 August 2009.