This pretty spherical of creamy Vegan Dairy-Free Brie Cheez is delectable by itself. It’s additionally scrumptious on crackers or in sandwiches and is very elegant as a snack or dessert served with contemporary, crisp fruit, similar to Asian pears. This versatile uncheese additionally makes a terrific pizza topping. Slice it thinly or thickly into wedges. Recipe contributed by Jo Stepaniak, reprinted from The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook.*
Vegan Dairy-Free Brie Cheez
Makes 1 wheel (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1–2 tbsp wheat germ, or 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tbsp agar flakes, or 1 tbsp agar powder
- 1/2 cup uncooked cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup agency silken tofu, crumbled
- 1/4 cup dietary yeast flakes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp sesame tahini
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp floor dill seed or floor coriander
- Flippantly oil a 2 1/2-cup spherical, shallow mildew, pie plate, or single layer spherical cake pan and mud it with the wheat germ or sprinkle the underside with the toasted sliced almonds, spreading them as evenly as attainable. Put aside.
- Mix the water and agar in a small saucepan and convey to a boil over medium-high warmth. Lower the warmth to medium-low and simmer, stirring typically, till dissolved, 8 to 12 minutes. Switch to a blender and add the remaining components. Course of a number of minutes till utterly easy, stopping to scrape down the edges of the blender jar as essential. Pour into the ready container.
- Cool uncovered within the fridge. When utterly cool, cowl and refrigerate for 8 to 12 hours. To serve, end up by inverting the mildew onto a big spherical plate (the wheat germ or almond-coated facet will now be on prime) and slice into wedges. Retailer leftovers lined in fridge. Will maintain for five to 7 days.
*This publish comprises affiliate hyperlinks. If the product is bought by linking by means of this evaluation, VegKitchen receives a modest fee, which helps preserve our web site and helps it to proceed rising!
This publish was initially revealed on 14 September 2011.