There aren’t any guidelines in relation to pulling collectively a vacation meal. Begin by selecting a vegan roast (there are a plethora of options) after which construct round it with a mixture of facet dishes. This 12 months, why not fuse elements of a conventional dinner with some soul meals classics? Whether or not you’re a Southerner who desires to veganize a few of your favourite consolation dishes or you will have a yearning for killer mac and cheese, these 18 vegan soul meals recipes are positive to supply some drool-worthy dinner inspiration.
1. Southern Candied Yams by Eat Crops & Prosper
Yams are a mainstay for Thanksgiving traditionalists. Sweeten issues up with this candied yam dish, which includes a candy sauce made with cinnamon and brown sugar.
2. Chili Cornbread Casserole by Jessica within the Kitchen
Cornbread is a Southern traditional. This recipe transforms a hearty chili right into a holiday-worthy casserole by topping it with cornbread for a critically delicious two-in-one facet dish.
3. Slow Cooker Southern Collard Greens With Fire-Roasted Tomatoes by I Can You Can Vegan
Collard greens are one of the crucial in style darkish leafy greens in soul meals tradition. A uncommon however sensible strategy to stew them is in a slow-cooker, so that you gained’t have to fret about yet another factor taking on house on the stovetop.
4. Southern Sweet Potato Salad by Candy Potato Soul
That is the time of 12 months to embrace root greens, and this straightforward salad brings collectively Yukon and candy spuds in a creamy herb sauce you’ll love.
5. Baked Mac and Cheese by Vegan With Curves
Mac and cheese is a soulful facet dish that ought to at all times have a spot on the vacation dinner desk. This model incorporates vegan cream cheese, shredded cheese, and silken tofu for a creamy, comforting staple that may tempt you lengthy after it has been devoured.
6. Biscuits and Gravy by From the Consolation of My Bowl
Selfmade, fresh-out-of-the-oven biscuits smothered in country-style mushroom gravy—want we are saying extra?
7. Southern Green Beans and Potatoes by More healthy Steps
In Southern delicacies, inexperienced beans are historically cooked with bacon. This model elevates with hearty child potatoes, onions, garlic, and smoked paprika. Prime it with coconut bacon for a little bit crunch.
8. BBQ Cauliflower Wings by Jessica within the Kitchen
Capitalize on the cauliflower pattern with this facet dish everybody will love. These cauliflower wings are crispy, crunchy, and coated with a thick barbecue sauce.
9. Apple and Sausage Stuffing by Make It Dairy Free
Stuffing is a conventional vacation addition you don’t need to overlook. This model is full of vegan sausage, onions, apple, carrot, and the normal mixture of vacation herbs, and could be prepped a day upfront.
10. Coconut Creamed Corn by Plant-Based mostly and Broke
Creamed corn is a well-liked facet dish that’s historically made with a cream base. This model swaps out the dairy for canned coconut milk, making it all the pieces you need in a comforting dish—candy, creamy, and full of taste.
11. Mashed Carrots With Cinnamon and Brown Sugar by Plant-Based mostly and Broke
A simple strategy to degree up roasted carrots, this dish transforms them right into a purée full of warming spices, vegan butter, and coconut milk.
12. Southern Beef and Cabbage by I Can You Can Vegan
A easy facet that comes collectively rapidly, this Southern Beef and Cabbage dish is finest served alongside mashed potatoes.
13. Black-Eyed Pea Salad by Pleasant Adventures
You possibly can by no means go unsuitable with a easy facet salad. If that you must convey some coloration to your meal, add this salad to your “must-make” record.
14. Slow Cooked Black-Eyed Peas and Greens by Baum Ass Meals
This slow-cooked facet dish is full of black-eyed peas and mustard greens for a nutritious and flavorful choice that may very well be served alongside a lentil loaf.
15. Cajun Lentil Étouffé by The Geneus Life
Deliver some Cajun flavors to your desk with this hearty, protein-packed étouffé.
16. Green Bean Casserole by Make It Dairy Free
A staple facet dish for any vacation get-together, this casserole incorporates a selfmade vegan cream of mushroom soup as the bottom.
17. Holiday Stuffing by The Geneus Life
By no means made selfmade stuffing? This recipe shares step-by-step directions and ranges up the normal model with a great deal of veggies.
18. Mashed Potatoes and Mushroom Gravy by Candy Potato Soul
Thanksgiving will not be full with out mashed potatoes and gravy. As this recipe factors out, veganizing them is simple—merely swap out the butter for vegan butter and the meat for mushrooms.
Picture Credit score: Jessica in the Kitchen