These almond butter cookies have crumbly edges, tender middles, and a candy, nutty taste. A sprinkle of flaky sea salt takes them excessive!
This almond butter cookies recipe was a contented accident. The primary time I made it, I had one among my I-need-a-cookie-and-I-need-it-now cravings, and I headed to the kitchen to see what I may do about it. I discovered all of the substances to my peanut butter cookie recipe – sugar, flour, baking powder, you already know the drill. All of the substances, that’s, apart from one: peanut butter! Would almond butter work as an alternative?
YES! As quickly as I attempted these cookies, I puzzled, “Why haven’t I been making almond butter cookies all alongside?” They’ve crumbly edges, thick, tender middles, and a candy and nutty taste. When you’re in search of a last-minute vacation cookie recipe, I feel this one could be excellent. It’s fast and simple to make (no chilling required!), and the cookies are completely scrumptious. However when you don’t get to them at this time, don’t fear. These almond butter cookies are a yummy anytime deal with.
Almond Butter Cookies Recipe Substances
Able to bake? Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Almond butter, in fact! It fills the cookies with wealthy, nutty taste. Be sure you use creamy – not crunchy – almond butter for this recipe.
- Floor flaxseed and water – They change an egg, serving to the cookie dough bind. In consequence, these almond butter cookies are completely vegan!
- All-purpose flour – Ensure to spoon and level the flour for this recipe. This methodology yields a lighter cup of flour than one which’s scooped straight from the bag or jar. These cookies have a stiff dough, so a exact flour measurement is essential. In case your cups of flour are too heavy, the dough shall be dry and troublesome to work with.
- Baking powder and baking soda – They assist the cookies rise.
- Coconut oil – For richness! Ensure your coconut oil is delicate, however not melted, for this recipe.
- Granulated sugar and brown sugar – They make the cookies calmly candy.
- Vanilla extract – It offers the almond butter cookies heat depth of taste.
- And sea salt – I add wonderful sea salt to the dough and sprinkle flaky sea salt on high. They make the cookies’ candy, nutty taste pop!
Discover the whole recipe with measurements under.
The right way to Make Almond Butter Cookies
This almond butter cookies recipe is tremendous straightforward to make! Right here’s the way it goes:
First, make the flax egg. In a small bowl, stir collectively the flaxseed and water, and set the combination apart for five minutes to thicken.
In the meantime, mix the moist and dry substances in separate bowls. Whisk collectively the dry substances in a medium bowl and the moist substances in a big one. Stir the flaxseed combination into the bowl of moist substances.
Then, pour the dry substances into the bowl of moist substances…
…and stir to mix. The dough shall be stiff! If it’s too dry and crumbly to work with, add water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, till it’s simply cohesive.
Then, form the cookies. Use a 2-inch cookie scoop to portion the dough, and roll it into balls along with your arms. Place the balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Press every ball down barely. Then, use a fork to brighten every cookie with a cross-hatch sample, flattening it extra within the course of.
Lastly, bake! Sprinkle the cookies with flaky sea salt (non-obligatory, however beneficial), and bake for 12 to 13 minutes at 350°. After you take away them from the oven, allow them to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet earlier than transferring them to a wire rack to chill fully.
Almond Butter Cookies Recipe Suggestions
- Use easy, runny almond butter. This recipe is not going to work in case your almond butter is dry or stiff. Ensure that it’s well-stirred and that it doesn’t have any lumps or chunks. When you retailer your almond butter within the fridge, enable it to sit down at room temperature for an hour earlier than making this recipe. You need it to be as runny as potential!
- Add water if you should. In case your cookie dough is on the dry facet, don’t fear! That’s the way it must be for this recipe. Nonetheless, if it’s too dry to work with, don’t hesitate to moisten it. Add water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, till it’s simply cohesive and also you’re capable of form it into cookies.
- Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet. When you’re something like me, you’re going to wish to devour these cookies as quickly as they arrive out of the oven! However maintain off when you can. They’re very delicate at first. As they cool on the baking sheet, they agency up and tackle their yummy crumbly texture. Their taste will get higher too!
- Freeze the extras (if in case you have any!). These almond butter cookies freeze completely! If in case you have any extras, pop them in an hermetic container or freezer bag, and freeze them for as much as 2 months. I really like preserving a stash readily available for at any time when a cookie craving strikes.
Extra Favourite Cookie Recipes
When you love these almond butter cookies, strive one among these yummy cookie recipes subsequent:
Almond Butter Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook dinner Time: 12 minutes
These almond butter cookies are a yummy anytime deal with! For the most effective outcomes, use actually easy, runny almond butter on this recipe.
- 1 tablespoon floor flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, delicate however not melted
- ½ cup cane sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup well-stirred creamy pure almond butter*
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Flaky sea salt, non-obligatory, for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, mix the flaxseed and water and put aside to thicken for five minutes.
In a medium bowl, mix the (spooned and leveled) flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
In a big bowl, mix the coconut oil, cane sugar, brown sugar, almond butter, and vanilla. Stir within the flaxseed combination and blend effectively.
Add the dry substances to the moist substances and stir till simply mixed. The dough must be on the dry facet. If it’s too dry to kind into balls add water, ½ teaspoon at a time, till the dough is simply cohesive. If it’s too dry and crumbly to work with, add water, 1 teaspoon at a time, till it comes collectively.
Scoop dough utilizing a 2-inch cookie scoop and roll into balls along with your arms. Flatten barely and place on the baking sheet. Use a fork to make cross-hatch marks. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if desired.
Bake for 12 to 13 minutes. Take away from the oven and let sit on the baking sheet for 10 minutes earlier than transferring to a wire rack to chill fully.
Tip: When you retailer your almond butter within the fridge, enable it to sit down at room temperature for an hour earlier than making this recipe.