This straightforward Hummus, Cucumber, and Avocado Wrap recipe is nearly as good for dinner as it’s for lunch (and even breakfast, for that matter). You should utilize homemade hummus or store-bought; both approach, it’s made in minutes. For lunch, serve with loads of fruit; for dinner, serve with soup and/or a easy aspect dish. It goes nicely with quinoa tabbouli, or any potato salad. And you needn’t slavishly observe a recipe, both—make sufficient for one, or as many as wanted. Photographs by Lori Maffei.
Hummus, Cucumber, and Avocado Wrap
Makes as many as you want
- mushy whole-grain wrap or wraps (works with lavash bread as nicely)
- hummus—your favourite type, homemade or store-bought (I extremely suggest olive hummus with this!)
- cucumbers, thinly sliced, as wanted
- tomatoes, thinly sliced, as wanted
- avocado, peeled and thinly sliced, as wanted
- romaine lettuce, thinly shredded
- blended child greens—child spinach, child arugula, or a mix
- Place a room-temperature wrap on a plate or reducing board.
- Unfold generously with hummus (although not a lot that it’ll ooze from the sandwich).
- Prepare a row every of cucumber, tomatoes, and avocado down the middle.
- Cowl with an enormous handful of the leafy greens of your selection.
- Fold two reverse sides of the wrap over the middle, then roll up snugly, ensuring the ends keep tucked in.
- Reduce in half to serve.
Per serving (estimate, relying on how a lot you load into your wrap): 389.7 energy; 19g fats; 644mg sodium; 817.2mg potassium; 45g carbs; 13g fiber; 2.8g sugar; 13.4g protein
This submit was initially printed on 21 August 2013.