New month, new cooking club challenge! Read on to see this month’s recipe and to check out all your mouthwatering photos from December.
For us, last month’s Cooking Club recipes really hit the spot! In December, we saw snow, sleet, and gloomy day after gloomy day. We pretty much craved baked ziti and lasagna all month long. Judging from your photos, it looks like you did too!
Our December winner was Susan St-Pierre, but if you scroll to the bottom of this post, you can see all your Cooking Club submissions. They look delicious! I can’t wait for January’s Club.
I don’t know about you, but in December, I certainly got my comfort food fix. After plenty of pasta, Christmas cookies, and appetizers (looking at you, French onion dip), I’m in the mood for bright, nourishing meals that are bursting with colorful veggies. So – drumroll, please! – this month’s recipe will be…my Sesame Soba Noodles!
I think you’re going to love this recipe. A tangy, nutty sesame dressing coats gooey soba noodles, creamy avocado, and tons of crisp veggies. Make it for a fun, easy dinner, or pack it up for lunch!
The recipe is totally vegan, and you can make it gluten-free by using 100% buckwheat soba noodles. It’s also highly adaptable, and you’re welcome to change it up to suit your tastes or use what you have on hand. I call for watermelon radishes and snap peas, but any of these veggies would work well in their place:
You could also replace some of the soba noodles with zucchini noodles or other spiralized veggies. Or, for a heartier meal, you could top your noodles with baked tofu or tempeh. Let me know what variations you try!
The Love & Lemons Cooking Club
If you missed last month’s challenge, here’s how the Cooking Club works and how YOU can get involved:
- Each month, I choose one seasonal Love & Lemons recipe.
- If you make that recipe during the month, snap a picture of it, and email it to LoveAndLemonsCookingClub@gmail.com by 11:59 PM on the second to last day of the month. This month, the deadline will be 11:59 PM on January 30th.
- By sending your picture to LoveAndLemonsCookingClub@gmail.com, you’ll be entered to win a prize. In January, it’s a $200 Visa gift card! For a bonus entry, leave a comment on the chosen recipe’s blog post after you submit your photo.
- At the end of the month, I’ll announce a randomly selected winner and share all your photos on the blog!
To enter the January challenge:
- Send a photo of your Sesame Soba Noodles to LoveAndLemonsCookingClub@gmail.com by 11:59 PM on January 30th.
- After you’ve entered, leave a comment on this Sesame Soba Noodles recipe blog post for a bonus entry. Please leave your first and last name on your comment so I can match it to your email submission.
I can’t wait to see your creations, and happy cooking!
December Cooking Club Submissions
Speaking of sharing your photos on the blog, here are all your December submissions:
our January winner!
More Favorite Healthy Recipes
Join the January Love & Lemons Cooking Club by sending your photo of my Sesame Soba Noodles to LoveAndLemonsCookingClub@gmail.com by 11:59 PM on January 30th. After you send in your photo, leave a comment on the soba noodles recipe blog post for a bonus entry! (One photo entry and one bonus entry per person – please leave your first and last name on your comment so I can match it to your email submission).
Looking for more fun and healthy recipes? Try one of these next: