You will not consider how straightforward it’s to make nice focaccia bread at house! Topped with rosemary and roasted garlic, it is wealthy, savory, smooth, and chewy.
9 occasions out of ten, if we’re making bread at house, we’re making focaccia. When Jack first began baking bread, he made a number of rustic ciabatta loaves. The substances have been easy, and the bread got here out scrumptious, nevertheless it required hours of rising and kneading. So once we found how straightforward it’s to make actually good focaccia bread at house, we didn’t look again.
Since then, this focaccia recipe has grow to be our go-to. It comes collectively in simply 2 hours, rising time included, and the bread is wealthy and savory, with a yummy chewy texture. As a result of rosemary and focaccia are a basic mixture (and since recent herbs make all the pieces higher!), I sprinkle it generously with rosemary. Then, I dot it with roasted garlic and end it off with flaky sea salt and pink pepper flakes.
Flecked with pink and inexperienced, this focaccia bread is an easy, but spectacular, vacation aspect dish. However fortunately, it’s straightforward sufficient to make even once you’re not cooking for a special day. I hope you adore it as a lot as a lot as we do!
Make Focaccia Bread
In case you’re new to bread baking, don’t let focaccia intimidate you! Actually, it’s lots like making homemade pizza dough. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Lively dry yeast, sugar, and heat water: The sugar and heat water activate the yeast to make the bread rise, giving it its smooth, chewy texture.
- Flour: I like to make use of a mixture of all-purpose flour and entire wheat flour, however you should use totally all-purpose flour should you favor.
- Salt: Don’t skip the salt right here! It offers this focaccia bread its great savory taste.
- And olive oil: A focaccia important! Together with the salt, olive oil is what offers this bread its wealthy taste and golden brown coloration. You’ll combine it into the dough in addition to spreading it over the bread’s floor.
The toughest a part of this recipe is ready for the dough to rise! As soon as it does, brush a big rimmed sheet pan with olive oil and firmly press the dough to its edges. Don’t be shy right here! If the dough tears, patch it collectively and proceed urgent out from the middle. You’re going to poke holes in it on objective later, so any holes at this stage aren’t a giant deal.
When you’ve pressed the dough to the perimeters of the pan, flip it over and press it to the perimeters once more. Use your fingers to dimple the dough, dotting it with indentations each few inches aside. Then, cowl it with plastic wrap, and let it rise once more!
When the focaccia has doubled in measurement, scatter on the rosemary, roasted garlic, and flaky sea salt, and bake till it’s golden brown!
Focaccia Recipe Ideas
- Let the dough rise someplace heat. As a result of yeast responds to heat, letting your dough rise in a heat place will yield one of the best outcomes. We prefer to put ours on a sunny windowsill!
- Freeze extras. This bread freezes rather well! Slice the baked focaccia into squares and freeze them in an hermetic container for up to a couple months. I prefer to hold a stash available to function a simple aspect with salads or soups.
- Change the seasonings! We love this easy roasted garlic and rosemary focaccia bread, however different toppings can be scrumptious right here as properly. Strive swapping the rosemary for sage or thyme leaves, or use olives, solar dried or roasted tomatoes, or thinly sliced Meyer lemon instead of or along with the roasted garlic.
Focaccia Bread Serving Options
This focaccia recipe can be a wonderful addition to any vacation menu – the flecks of rosemary and pink pepper flakes make it so fairly and festive! Head to this post to seek out extra vacation aspect dishes to serve with it.
As I mentioned above, this recipe can be easy sufficient to place collectively when it’s not a special day. Get pleasure from it as a snack, slice it to make sandwiches, or serve it with a scorching bowl of soup any night time of the week. We particularly adore it with my butternut squash soup, cauliflower soup, carrot ginger soup, and lentil soup, nevertheless it’d be yummy with any of these favorite soup recipes too.
This focaccia recipe additionally pairs properly with all issues Italian. Serve it with spaghetti aglio e olio, fettuccine Alfredo, baked ziti, or any of those easy pasta recipes. It’d be a unbelievable aspect dish with my creamy mushroom polenta too.
Extra Favourite Baking Recipes
In case you love this focaccia recipe, attempt one in every of these baking recipes subsequent:
Or try this post to seek out 25 extra Tremendous Enjoyable Baking Recipes!
Rosemary Focaccia Bread
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Prepare dinner Time: 1 hr 40 minutes
Complete Time: 2 hrs
Serves 8 to 10
Rosemary, roasted garlic, olive oil, and sea salt infuse this focaccia bread with wealthy, savory taste.
- 1¾ cups heat water, 105° to 115°F
- 1 (¼-ounce) package deal energetic dry yeast, (2¼ teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for kneading
- 1½ cups entire wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 bulb Roasted Garlic, non-obligatory
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- ½ teaspoon pink pepper flakes, non-obligatory
In a medium bowl, stir collectively the water, yeast, and sugar. Put aside for five minutes, till the yeast is foamy.
Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment, place the flours, salt, ¼ cup of the olive oil, and the yeast combination and blend on medium pace till the dough kinds a ball across the hook, 5 to six minutes.
Switch the dough to a evenly floured floor and knead a number of occasions, sprinkling with extra flour, as wanted, and kind right into a ball. Brush a big bowl with olive oil, and place the dough inside. Cowl with plastic wrap and put aside to rise till doubled in measurement, 40 to 50 minutes.
Coat a ten × 15-inch rimmed baking sheet with the remaining ¼ cup olive oil. Punch the dough down, switch to a evenly floured floor, and knead a number of occasions. Place the dough within the pan and press to unfold it out to the pan’s edges. Flip the dough over and unfold it to the perimeters once more. Make indentations along with your fingers, each few inches aside, all around the dough. Cowl the baking sheet with plastic wrap and permit the dough to rise till it has doubled in measurement, about 40 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Take away the plastic wrap. Reduce the roasted garlic cloves in half and push them into the floor of the dough. Sprinkle with the rosemary, and pink pepper flakes, and bake for 20 minutes, till golden brown.