These easy Tender Vegan Candy Potato Dinner Biscuits are so moist and flaky, they virtually soften in your mouth. Incredible to serve with fall meals, particularly as an accompaniment to chili or different stews, these are additionally a welcome addition to your vegan Thanksgiving menu. Recipe contributed by Cathe Olson from The Vegetarian Mother’s Cookbook.*
Tender Vegan Candy Potato Dinner Biscuits
Writer: Cathe Olson
Recipe sort: Savory baked items
Delicacies: Vegan / Wholesome
Cook dinner time:
Serves: 8 to 10
- 1½ cups spelt flour (or entire wheat)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp chilly vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup mashed cooked candy potato (from about 1 medium)
- ¼ cup nondairy milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and sea salt collectively. Lower in margarine or coconut oil till combination resembles coarse meal.
- Combine in candy potato and milk till mixed.
- Scoop out ¼-cup mounds of dough (an oiled ice cream scoop works effectively) and flatten to biscuit form on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or till bottoms are golden. Switch to a fabric-lined platter or basket and serve heat.
In regards to the Writer
Cathe Olson is the creator of Simply Natural Baby Food, The Vegetarian Mother’s Cookbook,* and Lick It! Creamy, Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love.* Visit Cathe at Simply Natural Books.
*This publish comprises affiliate hyperlinks. If the product is bought by linking by means of this assessment, VegKitchen receives a modest fee, which helps preserve our web site and helps it to proceed rising!
This publish was initially printed on 26 September 2011.