If you happen to like a number of veggies in your pizza, this recipe for Vegan Veggie Pesto Pizza is for you. Piled generously with broccoli, bell pepper, and zucchini, this verdant pizza encompasses a delectable spinach-miso pesto as the bottom rather than the standard tomato sauce. Tailored from Vegan Express by Nava Atlas. Images by Rachael Braun.
Verdant Vegan Veggie Pesto Pizza
Makes: 6 slices
- 1 1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 medium inexperienced bell pepper, reduce into slender, quick strips
- 3/4 cup zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1–2 medium tomatoes,
- 3–4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (12–14-inch) good-quality pizza crust
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella-style nondairy cheese
- 4–5 oz contemporary child spinach
- 1/4 cup contemporary basil leaves
- 1/4 cup contemporary parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup untoasted walnuts or uncooked cashews
- 2 scallions, inexperienced elements solely
- 1–2 tbsp miso, ideally mellow white, to style
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Mix the components for the pesto in a meals processor. Course of till easily pureed, stopping the machine and scraping down the edges as wanted.
- Mix the broccoli florets, bell pepper, zucchini, and garlic in a mixing bowl and drizzle within the olive oil. Stir collectively. Switch the greens to a evenly oiled roasting pan and put within the oven. Stir after 10 minutes, and proceed to roast till the greens are touched with brown spots right here and there.
- In the meantime, unfold the pesto on the pizza crust, then sprinkle evenly with the cheese. Bake for quarter-hour, or till the cheese is properly melted. Take away from the oven, let stand for a minute, then reduce into 6 wedges (it’s simpler to chop the pizza earlier than piling on the veggies).
- When the greens are carried out, distribute them evenly over the floor of the pizza. If the pizza got here out of the oven a couple of minutes earlier than the greens, put the entire thing again into the oven for a few minutes, simply in order that every thing may be piping sizzling, then serve directly.
Per serving (together with Spinach-Miso Pesto): 335 energy; 45g carbs; 14g fats; 9g protein; 685mg sodium
This recipe was initially printed on 15 August 2013.